yay! i got third place at the state qualifiers championship. i’m really happy, all my hard work payed off and this is my first time going to state in LD debate!
what happened this weekend
- i nearly completely lost my voice the morning of the second day of the tournament, so it made it slightly harder to debate (mostly just painful)
- i hung out with two of my good friends who i love and i feel like i got a lot closer to them and realized how much i appreciate them
- i enjoyed every minute of debating and realized how much it really meant to me. being that i have been debating since my freshman year. i think i’m going to be an assistant coach next year and help out the LD team
- i felt really good about myself and my performance
- i ate good food. including a giant waffle at this diner next to a strip club at midnight last night. that was interesting.
now i’m going to state in may. then literally graduation high school the next week. my life is really good right now.
Life is so damn short, for fucks sake, just do what makes you happy.
Compliment people. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses.
Not everyone is going to want, accept, or know how to receive your energy. Make peace with it and move on.
Kindness. It doesn’t cost a damn thing. Sprinkle that shit everywhere.
Slow down, calm down, don’t worry, don’t hurry. Trust the process.
Spend more time making yourself a better person and less time worrying about what everyone else is doing.
Find a way, not an excuse.
Religious freedom doesn’t mean you can force others to live by your own beliefs, and you do not have to endure this from others either.
We are not our failures.
You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind.
The more you close yourself the unhappier you’ll be. You’re not alone, open up to people.
People come and people go. That’s the way the world goes. Live and learn, don’t live and regret. The best is yet to come. Look forward.
When you lose yourself in what you love, you find yourself in what you are.
Forget everything you’ve been told and open your mind.
Forgiveness is the greatest indicator of strength. Admit when you’re wrong, but if someone makes you feel like shit for the mistake, move on. Similarly, when someone makes a mistake, be good enough to understand why they did. You don’t attack people because of a mistake. People learn.
by 15 Things You Should Keep in Mind (by themoonphase)
omg they are opening a lush where I live I am so happy
I’m at work right now and it sucks I hate it so much but I only have two hours left I’m just really tired and I have been doing non stop debate work for the past three days my brain hurts and I’m always hungry and I miss Heath and I’m actually really excited for Friday and Saturday cause I get to debate and be with my friends and I love them lots
i literally just drink so much iced tea my hands are sHhhhaaakking i feel funny LITERALLY
I complete myself.
by Six word story for Valentines Day (via rauchwolken)